Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Creating Happier Memories... ( 3 WW )

Written for Three words wednesday:
Acrid, Bane and Tepid

Creating Happier Memories...

Some bad memories
Had decided to stay
And kept hurting me
I distinctly remember
It was a starry chilling night
With my feelings getting frozen
I thought to have some warmth
And quietly collected all those
Bad memories in an empty corner of
My otherwise overfull mind
And burnt them
Oh, ignorant I, couldn’t imagine
That the acrid stench
Emanating from the simmering ashes
Would become the bane
Of otherwise a happier life
Years of soothing balm
Of love and care
Has made the impact of leftovers
Pretty tepid
Which I wish to preserve forever
So that I can then
enjoy
The delicious taste,
Of the happier memories
A lot more, yes,

The memories being created by
My family of loving angels....

14 comments:

  1. You have an art of weaving words so easily!
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ramesh,
    Good Evening!
    Compassion and care alongwith love willnurture your happy memories.
    Very well expressed thought,beautifully penned!
    I read out your poem to Amma and Amma liked it!:)
    Gratitude must be the key word for a blessed life1
    Wishing you a lovely evening,
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family of loving angels... true and its soothing..

    u brought my memories back..

    well written..:) I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weaved so well around the prompt words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the intensity of the words which narrate a life long story in a short poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation !

    Very touching and appealing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thing that lasts forever....oh its wonderful!
    This experiment in sharing is the best one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poetry is amazing. Love the fact that your poems are so touching and appealing :)
    Warmly
    Marinela
    Short Poems

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all of you.. I feel so happy and emboldened with your encouraging comments..keep visiting..I'll too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have known such hauntings! Well said, though so very sad and difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes, we really can't hide from them, nicely stated! Enjoy the rally!

    http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/heaven-bits/

    ReplyDelete
  12. well expressed pains in the past.

    thanks for sharing.

    A++

    ReplyDelete